Re: [Cocci] [RFC] scripts: Fix coccicheck failed

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Tue Oct 01 2019 - 11:34:25 EST

> >+virtual report
> >+
> > @has_ns_import@
> > declarer name MODULE_IMPORT_NS;
> > identifier virtual.ns;
> >
> >Adding virtual report make the coccicheck go ahead smoothly.

Such an adjustment might be an interesting solution.

> Thanks for reporting and following up with this issue. I certainly did
> not expect all scripts in scripts/coccinelle to be automatically called
> by coccicheck

Did you (or any other contributor) test the collaboration of the added
small SmPL file with the known call interface?

> and I still think scripts/coccinelle is the right location
> for add_namespace.cocci.

I got additional software development ideas around this view in the meantime.
Would you like to take any other collateral evolution better into account?

Regards,
Markus