Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in br_mdb_ip_get

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Wed May 29 2019 - 11:30:38 EST

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 05:14:17PM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

> > It looks like
> >
> > ommit 1515a63fc413f160d20574ab0894e7f1020c7be2
> > Author: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Wed Apr 3 23:27:24 2019 +0300
> >
> > net: bridge: always clear mcast matching struct on reports and leaves
> >
> > may have at least fixed the uninitialised value error.
>

> The most up-to-date info is always available here:
>
> >> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=bc5ab0af2dbf3b0ae897
>
> It says no new crashes happened besides the original one.
>
> We now have the following choices:
>
> 1. Invalidate with "#syz invalid"
> "#syz fix: net: bridge: always clear mcast matching struct on reports
> and leaves"
> 3. Do nothing, then syzbot will auto-close it soon (bugs without
> reproducers that did not happen in the past 180 days)

I'm still not quite sure how this could cause the use-after-free,
but it certainly seems to be the cause for the second issue of
uninit-value:

https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=8dfe5ee27aa6d2e396c2

And this one does seem to have occured again recently (two months
ago).

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>