Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in br_mdb_ip_get

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Wed May 29 2019 - 11:18:06 EST

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 4:58 PM Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dmitry:
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 11:54:42AM +0100, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> >
> > Taking into account that this still happened only once, I tend to
> > write it off onto a previous silent memory corruption (we have dozens
> > of known bugs that corrupt memory). So if several people already
> > looked at it and don't see the root cause, it's probably time to stop
> > spending time on this until we have more info.
> >
> > Although, there was also this one:
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/QfCCSxdB1aM/y2cn9IZJCwAJ
> > I have not checked if it can be the root cause of this report, but it
> > points suspiciously close to this stack and when I looked at it, it
> > the report looked legit.
>
> Have you had any more reports of this kind coming from br_multicast?
>
> It looks like
>
> ommit 1515a63fc413f160d20574ab0894e7f1020c7be2
> Author: Nikolay Aleksandrov <nikolay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed Apr 3 23:27:24 2019 +0300
>
> net: bridge: always clear mcast matching struct on reports and leaves
>
> may have at least fixed the uninitialised value error.

The most up-to-date info is always available here:

>> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=bc5ab0af2dbf3b0ae897

It says no new crashes happened besides the original one.

We now have the following choices:

1. Invalidate with "#syz invalid"
"#syz fix: net: bridge: always clear mcast matching struct on reports
and leaves"
3. Do nothing, then syzbot will auto-close it soon (bugs without
reproducers that did not happen in the past 180 days)