Re: Bad file pattern in MAINTAINERS section 'KEYS-TRUSTED'

From: James Bottomley
Date: Tue Mar 26 2019 - 10:27:06 EST

On Tue, 2019-03-26 at 08:10 -0400, Mimi Zohar wrote:
> Hi Jarrko,
>
> On Tue, 2019-03-26 at 13:37 +0200, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> > Mimi,
> >
> > Can you fix this and I can ack and send PR through my tree?
>
> Making the "trusted.h" include file public was part of David's "KEYS:
> Support TPM-wrapped key and crypto ops" patch set. I wasn't involved
> in reviewing or upstreaming this patch set. As I recall, it was
> upstreamed rather quickly without much review. As it is TPM related,
> it should have at least been posted on the linux-integrity mailing
> list. I have no idea if "trusted.h" should have been made public.
>
> I'm not sure just "fixing" the MAINTAINERS file is the right
> solution. I was hoping to look at it later this week. Perhaps you
> and James could take a look?

Looking at the contents of linux/keys/trusted.h, it looks like the
wrong decision to move it. The contents are way too improperly named
and duplicative to be in a standard header. It's mostly actually TPM
code including a redefinition of the tpm_buf structure, so it doesn't
even seem to be necessary for trusted keys.

If you want to fix this as a bug, I'd move it back again, but long term
I think it should simply be combined with trusted.c because nothing
else can include it sanely anyway.

James