Re: [Ksummit-discuss] The linux devs can rescind their license grant.

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Sat Oct 27 2018 - 18:09:57 EST

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018, Tim.Bird@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Al,
>
> Can you please, even in the face of comments you find irritating, keep
> your responses more civil? Calling someone a "wankstain" is
> unprofessional

Tim,

to be completely honest, communicating anonymously doesn't really match my
"this is highly professional" standards either, so I don't think we should
be losing too much sleep over this particular e-mail exchange.

CoC explicitly requires us to be reasonably nice to the human being on the
other end of the wire, which I whole-heartedly believe is a very noble and
nice goal. But you really have to know at least a little bit who's there
on the other end. Otherwise failure to communicate might be sort of
inevitable.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs