RE: [Ksummit-discuss] The linux devs can rescind their license grant.

From: Tim.Bird
Date: Sat Oct 27 2018 - 12:18:25 EST

Al,
Can you please, even in the face of comments you find irritating, keep your responses
more civil? Calling someone a "wankstain" is unprofessional, and we're trying
to raise the level of discourse here.

> *plonk*
I think this part of the response was sufficient to communicate that you do not
take the suggestions of the other party seriously. And it communicates
to others the right approach. If someone thinks that another person is acting in bad
faith, I think it's better to just stop listening to that person, and let that person know
it, and to let other community members know it. De-escalation is preferable to
engagement when working with someone who is acting in bad faith.

Although I disagree with the approach used in the top portion of this message, I am
grateful that you are committed to protecting Linux and our development community.

Regards,
-- Tim