Re: v4.8-rc1: thinkpad x60: running at low frequency even during kernel build

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Nov 05 2016 - 15:36:24 EST

On Sat 2016-11-05 15:46:12, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Nov 2016, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hmm, thanks for the pointer. But it seems like I'll have to build my
> > own, as /proc/acpi/ibm does not follow the usual infrastructure...
>
> /proc/acpi/ibm has been deprecated for years. 99% of the functionality
> is available through more modern, standard interfaces.

Right, I see sensors can do it these days. Would it be good to expose
them as /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*, too?

Is it known what various fields in /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal measure?
Basically... 100C is okay for semiconductors, but I'd prefer not to
kill the hard drive....

> thinkpad-acpi is supposed to export standard hwmon temperature sensors
> as well. Try them instead, please.

Heh, I just finished python to work with /proc/acpi/ibm. Oh well.

Best regards,
Pavel