Re: v4.8-rc1: thinkpad x60: running at low frequency even during kernel build

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Sat Nov 05 2016 - 13:46:23 EST

On Sat, 05 Nov 2016, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hmm, thanks for the pointer. But it seems like I'll have to build my
> own, as /proc/acpi/ibm does not follow the usual infrastructure...

/proc/acpi/ibm has been deprecated for years. 99% of the functionality
is available through more modern, standard interfaces.

thinkpad-acpi is supposed to export standard hwmon temperature sensors
as well. Try them instead, please.

Also, thinkpad-acpi will report the EC thermal sensors. They don't need
to (and most often won't) match whatever you read from the processor
core(s).

--
Henrique Holschuh