Re: [ftrace] kernel panics during my attempt to use ftrace

From: Enrico Mioso
Date: Fri Jun 24 2016 - 04:08:41 EST

Hi Steven.

Thank you for your very very kind response.
I can build a stock kernel (I usually did for my real hw): and I don't see problems on this.
The problem is the bitness. My only KVM-enabled machine, as far as I can tell, has a 32-bit CPU.
So This would be a different problem.
I'll let you know when I can continue: right now I am a little bit in trouble with my exams: but I hope I will be able to eventually cme back and test.

Below my cpuinfo just for the record.
Thank you very much,
Enrico

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 28
model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz
stepping : 2
microcode : 0x211
cpu MHz : 1333.000
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fdiv_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf eagerfpu pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority dtherm
bugs :
bogomips : 2662.89
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 28
model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz
stepping : 2
microcode : 0x211
cpu MHz : 800.000
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fdiv_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf eagerfpu pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority dtherm
bugs :
bogomips : 2662.42
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64