Re: V4L docs and docbook

From: Russel Winder
Date: Fri Feb 19 2016 - 03:28:20 EST

On Thu, 2016-02-18 at 07:28 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:10:14 -0200
> [â]
>
> Stupid me: it should be just:
> asciidoc book.asciidoc
>
> Still, there are lots of broken things there, and lots of errors when
> building it:
> https://mchehab.fedorapeople.org/media-kabi-docs-test/book.html
>
> Ok, I would expect the need to handling some things manually, but
> it worries that it broke the tables. For example, see
> "Table 1. Control IDs" at https://mchehab.fedorapeople.org/media-kabi
> -docs-test/book.html
>
> It was mapped as a 3 cols table, but this is how it should be,
> instead:
> https://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/control.html
>
> As this table has actually 5 cols, because some controls have a list
> of multiple values (see V4L2_CID_COLORFX for example).

I will not be able to do anything to help with any of this today, but I
can try and take a look tomorrow.

Certainly an automated translation will not do all the complicated
bits, that will need manual intervention. I may well be able to assist
on this. I think the transform from DocBook/XML is worth a bit of up
front effort now, so as to make everything so much easier for all
concerned in the future. Obviously I do not have data relating to this
project, just experience and anecdotal evidence from others.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder@xxxxxxxxx