Re: [git pull] vfs.git regression fix

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 15:41:13 EST

Al,
_please_ learn to be more careful about your pull requests.

This one is garbage.

Why?

You ask me to pull from the wrong source. You ask me to pull from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

but that is some random state from January 2014. Two years ago.

What you actually *meant* was apparently the "for-linus" branch, since
that matches the shortlog and diffstat. But that's not what your pull
request asked me to pull.

This is not the first time. You seem to either use buggy scripts, or
do this (wrong) by hand. Please fix whatever it is, so that I don't
have to go look or guess after I notice that I pulled crap.

Linus