Re: [LSF/MM ATTEND] 2016: Requests to attend MM-summit

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Fri Jan 15 2016 - 11:49:39 EST

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

> I've over the last year optimized the SLAB+SLUB allocators,
> specifically by introducing a bulking API. This work is almost
> complete, but I have some more ideas in the MM-area that I would like
> to discuss with people.

I think this is pretty good work which can help a lot for subsystems
dealing with large amounts of objects. Given that network speeds and
memory increases we may have to look increasingly at bulk allocation to
make further strides in MM performance by rewriting subsystems to take
advantage of these features.