Re: [RFC v1 14/25] genirq: Kill the first parameter 'irq' of irq_flow_handler_t

From: Julia Lawall
Date: Fri Jun 12 2015 - 16:30:06 EST

On Wed, 20 May 2015, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> On Wed, 20 May 2015, Julia Lawall wrote:
> > >
> > > I feared that, but at least identifying all functions, where the irq
> > > argument is used inside the function itself is really key for such a
> > > massive rework.
> >
> > It's not impossible, but I may need to think a bit how best to do it.
>
> I pretty much expected that you would say that :)
>
> But seriously, the first important thing is to find all functions and
> to check whether they use irq internaly. Jiang has done that
> 'manually' or such, so the number of function which need an actual
> change are not that big.
>
> But I certainly don't want to hold you off thinking about it. Such
> stuff is not a unique problem :)

What is the status of this? I am close to having a semantic patch that
works. The current version touches 133 files, but I haven't checked all
of them. This includes both the local functions and the generic ones, but
not the cases where the name of the handler function is a local variable
or arbitrary expression. This occurs in around 30 files.

julia