Re: [RFT v2 11/48] ipu: Use irq_desc_get_xxx() to avoid redundant lookup of irq_desc

From: Jiang Liu
Date: Mon Jun 08 2015 - 07:37:32 EST

On 2015/6/8 19:16, Vinod Koul wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 12:13:21PM +0800, Jiang Liu wrote:
>> Use irq_desc_get_xxx() to avoid redundant lookup of irq_desc while we
>> already have a pointer to corresponding irq_desc.
>>
>> Do the same thing to avoid pattern "irq_get_chip_data(data->irq)".
>
> And I am missing the context, it is a bad practice to send some part of the
> series without giving context. Is this dependent on something else...?
This patch set touches too many files, so I didn't send the cover letter
to all maintainers. The whole patch set is to simplify core irq
interfaces by killing the 'irq' parameter. Please refer to
lkml.org/lkml/2015/6/4/113

And it may depends on preceding patches in tip/x86/apic branch, so it
would be safer to handle the patch set altogether.
Thanks!
Gerry