Re: [RFD] linux-firmware key arrangement for firmware signing

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Thu May 21 2015 - 14:31:20 EST

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds like a great project if you have the freedom and flexibility to
> enable such hardware component. Now, if you can save a few bucks on it
> per unit, how much would it be exactly? Just curious.

Also, another thing to think about:

How many crypto checking devices do you need? If your motherboard
already comes with one, why not trust / rely on it once for all device
firmware? I realize silicon folks want to sell you kitchen sinks with
granite counter tops included, but if working on spiffy open designs,
I figure having the freedom to trust / rely on some other device's
components might yield pretty cheap and flexible solutions.

Luis