Re: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Apr 14 2015 - 15:56:09 EST

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 09:48:04PM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> It's not going to stop anything from working, it's just going to stop
> some programs from being able to do things they really want to do (see
> the first email for examples.)

Until it is made "mandatory" as Al said earlier.

> Yes, we could make this live outside the kernel tree, but that's not the
> way we work anymore.

> We merge things that are useful, that match our
> security and coding requirements, and are going to be maintained by
> people we trust.

We trust? I'm not going to even comment on that.

And frankly, merging a useful piece of code sounds completely different
to me than this serious backlash I'm reading from the sidelines.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.