Question on release_one_tty

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Thu Aug 07 2014 - 04:25:53 EST

Hi guys, could you please explain me the sequence

static void release_one_tty(struct work_struct *work)
{
struct tty_struct *tty =
container_of(work, struct tty_struct, hangup_work);
struct tty_driver *driver = tty->driver;

if (tty->ops->cleanup)
tty->ops->cleanup(tty);

tty->magic = 0;
--> tty_driver_kref_put(driver);
--> module_put(driver->owner);

why tty_driver_kref_put is called before module_put? As far as I understand
tty_driver_kref_put may call the destruct_tty_driver which eventually does

static void destruct_tty_driver(struct kref *kref)
{
struct tty_driver *driver = container_of(kref, struct tty_driver, kref);
kfree(driver->cdevs);
kfree(driver->ports);
kfree(driver->termios);
kfree(driver->ttys);
--> kfree(driver);
}

so that the module_put(driver->owner) would access freed memory. Should not we
call the reverse module_put and then tty_driver_kref_put, or I miss something
obvious?

Cyrill