Re: [RFC v1 4/9] gpio: davinci: make IRQ initialization soc specific

From: Linus Walleij
Date: Fri Nov 29 2013 - 04:22:05 EST

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Grygorii Strashko
<grygorii.strashko@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The Davinci GPIO IRQs initialization may need to be performed in a
> different way depending on SoC which use it. For example:
> - Davinci dm365 has AINTC irq controller, implemented using Generic IRQ
> chip, SPARSE_IRQ off;
> - Davinci da850 has cp-intc controller, implemented using IRQ chip;
> SPARSE_IRQ off;
> - Kestone has arm-gic controller, implemented using IRQ chip;
> SPARSE_IRQ on;

Now this is a pretty big patch ...

The big question that enters my mind is *why* is the da850 and
dm365 not using SPARSE_IRQ?

As it happens I'm on an ARM32 crusade to get everyone and its
dog to use, among other things, SPARSE_IRQ.

I would feel *much* *much* better if there was first a patch
to the DaVinci tree to turn on SPARSE_IRQ for this subarch,
and then this patch may look a bit different, maybe smaller
I take it?

Is this totally unattainable?

Yours,
Linus Walleij