Re: [RFC 2/2] PCI: tegra: Use new MSI chip infrastructure

From: Thierry Reding
Date: Mon Mar 25 2013 - 16:02:51 EST

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:01:15AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 03/22/2013 02:51 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > Implement an MSI chip that uses the Tegra PCIe controller's built-in
> > support to provide MSI services to the root bus and its children.
>
> Acked-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Thierry, what Tegra-related PCIe patches will you posted for 3.10? If
> it's just this, I'm happy for this to go through the PCI tree along with
> patch 1/2. If you're still planning on doing the whole Tegra PCIe driver
> conversion and move for 3.10, perhaps there are some additional
> dependencies that require thinking about?

This one patch depends on the whole series. At this point it doesn't
make any sense to merge anything but all of them. Andrew Murray was
working on getting the OF specific bits ready for merge, so I think
there are only a couple of Tegra-specific patches that would need to be
taken care of, such as minor PMC things. I'll look into posting a
complete series soon.

My plan was to squash this patch into the large rewrite/move patch from
the series because that introduces MSI support in the first place. But I
thought for this particular mini-series it'd be easier to see what needs
to be done to support it if I post only the relevant bits.

Thierry