Re: Early boot panic on machine with lots of memory

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Fri Jun 22 2012 - 16:01:39 EST

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wish we had a single call - say, memblock_die(), or whatever - so
> that there's a clear indication that memblock usage is done, but yeah
> maybe another day.  Will review the patch itself.  BTW, can't you post
> patches inline anymore?  Attaching is better than corrupt but is still
> a bit annoying for review.

ok, will update memblock_clear patch to memblock_die...

using yhlu.kernel@xxxxxxxxx to get mail from the list and respond as
yinghai@xxxxxxxxxxx

gmail web client does not allow us to insert plain text.

if using standline thunderbird, that seems can not handle thousand mail.

noticed now even Linus is attaching patch, so I assume that is ok
because there is no othe good rway.

Thanks

Yinghai