Re: [GIT PULL] 9p changes fro merge window

From: Eric Van Hensbergen
Date: Wed Oct 26 2011 - 08:49:07 EST

On Oct 26, 2011, at 7:28 AM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyway, pulled now. I do wish people didn't rebase so much, it makes
> all the commits different in linux-next wrt what I actually end up
> getting..

What's the preferred maintainer workflow? I had been fetching and then rebasing, which seemed to keep my shortlog clean of merge commits and the outstanding patches towards the top. Should I just be pulling from upstream and not caring about the merge commits?

Also, as a point of clarification, if I do get my kernel.org tree back, should I continue to sign tags for pull-requests or was that just for external repos like github?

-eric--