Re: [GIT PULL] 9p changes fro merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Oct 26 2011 - 08:28:38 EST

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> (Also, I'm only seeing about half the patches mentioned in linux-next. Hmm?)
>>

> okay.  that's weird.  I thought linux-next has been pulling from my
> github tree (I sent an updated URL some time back).  I guess I never
> really checked to make sure he was getting the updated files.  I'll
> rectify this as well.

This turns out to be just me being stupid. I just checked the changes
in fs/9p, and not net/9p, so I didn't find Dan Carpenters patches in
net. And because you had rebased them, I was looking at that (partial)
shortlog when comparing, rather than the full one.

Anyway, pulled now. I do wish people didn't rebase so much, it makes
all the commits different in linux-next wrt what I actually end up
getting..

Linus