Re: RCU treating guest mode just like it does user-mode execution

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Wed Aug 17 2011 - 20:28:53 EST

On 08/17/2011 05:25 PM, Paul E. McKenney wrote:

> Wouldn't scheduling-clock interrupt kick vcpu out of a guest mode much
> earlier then 30 seconds?

The scheduling-clock interrupt would happen, but I do not know whether
or not it would kick the vcpu out of guest mode in such a way that
would result in RCU thinking that the CPU has passed through a quiescent
state.

The result can only be one of

reenter guest (and rcu_virt_note_context_switch)
schedule()
exit to userspace

signature is too narrow to contain.