945gma display blank after power failure regression

From: Stephen Clark
Date: Sat May 14 2011 - 14:49:28 EST

Hello,

I have kernel 2.6.37 and an
Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
in an asus s96f laptop. The battery is shot so it doesn't stay up for a second on a power failure. I have
recently started experiencing a problem where if the display has been blanked by KDE because of
being idle and I have a power failure then when the laptop boots up I have a completely blank display.
I wait till I think it is up and do a blind login as my KDE session starts up it turns on the display.

When is it booting I don't see anything - not the bios screen nothing. This is very disconcerting.
The first time it happened I thought my lcd panel had died.

Any ideas on how to keep this from happening. I don't think this happened on previous kernels.

Thank,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)