Re: brcm80211: the system freezes if booted with laptop wifi switchto OFF

From: Francis Moreau
Date: Mon Mar 07 2011 - 12:29:58 EST

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Arend van Spriel <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know what the origin is of your kernel so please provide some
> details on that.

What kind of information do you need ?

As you probably noticed the kernel I'm running is 2.6.38-rc6.

Revelant part of lscpi:

12:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Device 4727 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell Device 0010
Memory at fbb00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: brcm80211
Kernel modules: brcm80211

> The patch itself can be found in the linuxdriver email
> archive:
>
> http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-January/011381.html

Do you want me to give it a try ?

> Not sure whether it applies to whatever you have. I just tried your scenario
> with my driver and hardware and no freezes during boot.

My scenario is:

- set the switch to OFF
- insmod the module
- bring up/configure the interface