Re: [BUG] drm/i915 Screen corruption introduced by a00b10c360b35d6431a94cb

From: Indan Zupancic
Date: Sun Feb 20 2011 - 20:11:33 EST

Hi,

On Sun, February 20, 2011 14:21, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> Well, don't start jumping around, yet. These patches are just to rule
> out some theories.

I know, that's why I said I don't mind testing other patches.

> Now: Is it fixed with just the 2nd patch alone or do you
> need both patches? This is very important, so please test extensively
> whether there are really no corruptions with just the 2nd patch.

I only applied the 2nd version of the 2nd patch, no other patches.
The horizontal garbage stripes are gone for sure. It's a lot easier
to prove that something doesn't work than to prove it does, but I'll
keep running it for a while and see if I can spot any other badness.
If it's hard to trigger it's also very hard to find out what causes it.
Without your 2nd patch I always get the garbage on certain webpages,
so I'm quite confident that the original source is located for this
particular problem.

Greetings,

Indan