Re: GIT question - am I doing it correctly?

From: Piotr Hosowicz
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 12:11:15 EST

On 03.01.2011 14:48, Michal Hocko wrote:
On Wed 29-12-10 17:23:02, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

Everytime I git pull tyhe Linus' sources but before I build I apply
Peter Zijlstra's fixes, Takashi Iwai's sources and Dave Miller's
sources. The sequence is:

# the Linus' sources
git pull

# external sources
git remote add some_name git://some_URL.git

# update
git remote update

Then configure and I build. I noticed that especially Peter's
git-update very quickly, not as long as they did before.

Is my procedure correct? I am new to GIT.

What do you want to achieve?

I would like to have everything from Linus tree + additions from mmotm for example. How to do it? I tried to read from the URL you gave me, but I bet I don't understand something. How should I do it?

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
Z cyklu "Uroki demokracji", czyli pytania i odpowiedzi w teledurniejach:
- Jak długo trwała wojna sześciodniowa między Izraelem a Egiptem?