Re: Using s3virge card in Sun Blade 2000

From: David Miller
Date: Mon Jan 03 2011 - 13:58:12 EST

From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:32:16 +0000

> I'm aware the s3fb driver has big endian issues, I can help fix those
> issues so I can get the card working. Or in other words, I'd welcome
> advice on how to proceed with this.

It's not endian issues, this driver has other problems.

It uses the VGA register accessors with a NULL regbase, which is not
going to work on sparc64.

It needs to access the VGA register space relative to the I/O space
of the PCI controller domain it is behind.

Probably if you replace the NULL values passes to vga_r*() and
vga_w*() with the I/O space resource base of the chip (should be
resource "1") it might work.