Re: [patch 00/47] Sparse irq rework

From: Grant Likely
Date: Sun Oct 03 2010 - 07:58:17 EST

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 05:23:12AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:14:27PM -0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>> > The following patch series cleans up and mostly reimplements the core
>> > sparse irq implementation and sanitizes the most complex (ab)user:
>> > arch/x86
>>
>> Hoy Thomas,
>>
>> patches 1-13 & 15 all look fine to me.  Feel free to add my Acked-by:
>> line.
>>
>> Patch 14 seems to be missing, and by inference it appears that the
>> all important new allocator is added by patch 14.  All of the rest of
>> the series seems to be fine, but I'm forced to make assumptions about
>> what the new allocator looks like, so I cannot be positive.
>
> Patch 14 was present, you were even CC'd on it.

Hmmm... found it now. I'm not sure what happened there, but I
couldn't find it the first time I looked. Most likely it is a PEBKAC
failure. Sorry for the noise.

Okay, patch 14 looks good to me too (including Yinghai's comment).
The new allocator seems sane, and I didn't see any obvious errors in
patches 16-47. I've not tested any of this yet. Hopefully I'll be
able to carve out some time to do so early this week.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.