Re: PROBLEM: Unusually high load average when idle in 2.6.35,2.6.35.1 and later

From: Florian Mickler
Date: Sun Oct 03 2010 - 06:12:22 EST

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:41:08 +0200
Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 23:02 -0400, tmhikaru@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The load average statistic is indeed broken somehow, and I
> > did bisect it down to where the problem began, however there seems to be no
> > performance problem related to it I can find.
>
> Chase, anything you can see broken with this stuff?

Peter, do you think it would be worthwile to test a kernel with the
low load-averages in NOHZ=disable mode? The bisected commit claims to
fix a NOHZ issue with the load average. So if the new figures are the
correct ones, they should be somehow similar to the figures before
with NOHZ? Or am I on the wrong track here?

Regards,
Flo