Re: CFQ I/O scheduler better than AS?

From: Diego Calleja
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 08:10:27 EST

On Miércoles, 22 de Septiembre de 2010 12:55:08 Juan PC escribió:
> Hi:
>
> I am sure that, for most people, the clear answer is "yes" (after all,
> CFQ is the default I/O scheduler in Linux), but we are having serious
> difficulties to find a benchmark which shows that CFQ is undoubtedly
> better than AS.

The AS io scheduler was removed in 2.6.33 (7 months ago, in commit
492af6350a5ccf087e4964104a276ed358811458), so you must be running
benchmarks in old kernels. The CFQ scheduler used in recent kernels
should have good performance (if it doesn't, you probably should
write a bug report ccing jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx)

Saludos ;)