serial port 8250 messed up after coverting from little endian to bigendian on kernel 2.6.31

From: myuboot
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 19:56:11 EST

I am trying to bringup a MIPS32 board using 2.6.31. It is working in
little endian mode. After changing the board's hardware from little
endian to bit endian, the serial port print messed up. It prints now
something like - "àààààààààààààààà" on the screen. When I trace the
execution, I can see the string the kernel is trying print is correct -
"Linux version 2.6.31 ..." and etc.

I guess it means the initialization of the serial port is not properly
done. But I am not sure where I should check for the problem. The serial
port device I am using is 8250. Please give me some advise.

Thanks.