Re: mailing list for trace users

From: Masami Hiramatsu
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 14:05:56 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

>>> Could you please also create the linux-perf-users list, for perf events
>>> and the perf tool related user questions? (We have asked for this before
>>> but must have gotten lost somewhere)
>>
>> I thought perf users also talk on the linux tracing list.
>
> No, there's a lot of non-tracing aspects of performance events. It does
> profiling, counting, latency analysis, etc.

So, will it include topics about oprofile,readprof too?

>> What will linux-tracing-users cover, only ftrace?
>
> It would cover whenever users want to talk about tracing.

Hmm, in that case, on which list should I ask 'how can I
use perf-trace?' and 'how can I use perf-record'? :-)
Maybe I'm just a bit confusing ...

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu

Software Engineer
Hitachi Computer Products (America), Inc.
Software Solutions Division

e-mail: mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx