Re: [Bug #13371] s2disk hangs with kernel 2.6.29 and later, SATA,Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H

From: Richard Atterer
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 13:13:21 EST

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 04:30:21PM +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> Hmm, we added ACPI NVS memory handling there and some machines seem
> to have trouble with it. I think it would be worth to check it first.
>
> Richard, could you try s2disk on some recent 2.6.30-rc kernel while
> booting using "acpi_sleep=s4_nonvs"?

I just tried that with 2.6.30-rc7, unfortunately it doesn't make any
difference.

It turns out that if I wait long enough (just over 1 minute) both during
suspend and resume, I *am* able to suspend and resume the machine. I have
to manually turn it off or reset it though.

Another possibly interesting observation: My DVD writer apparently gets
reset before the 1-minute hang and my USB hub after the hang.

Cheers,

Richard

--
__ _