Re: Rgeression: 2.6.30-rc6-git3 build error - ICE fromdrivers/char/random.c

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 14:25:24 EST

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I guess getting rid of 'jiffies' is also worth it. Even at its very worst,
> 'get_cycles()' should return jiffy-level information, so adding in jiffies
> doesn't add anything to it.

I take that back. If there isno TSC at all, "get_cycles()" might just be
returning zero. So the jiffies fallback is probably better than nothing.

So I'll just remove the (long)&ret part. And you already said that that
fixed it both with my previous patch and without, so I guess it's already
tested.

Linus