Re: sg timeout problem

From: Norman Diamond
Date: Fri May 08 2009 - 07:22:54 EST

But if sg is running on top of an actual SCSI driver, someone aborts the
ioctl after 3 seconds. The ioctl returns success even though the
operation didn't complete. I tried this with two Adaptec drivers and one
NinjaSCSI driver with 100% repro.

What am I missing? I need the call to run to completion.

If you set it to the max of a signed int does it behave, or to a large
value thats well under the limit. That will help tell if there is a
problem with sign handling in the scsi code somewhere or it is getting
multiplied up for some reason.

I have the impression now that the drives are lying and it's not the fault
of the drivers or cards. The same problem occured with a fourth card and a
non-Linux system.

Anyway I also tried changing the timeout to 86400000 milliseconds (one day)
and it made no difference. So again I stop blaming the drivers.