Re: [git-pull -tip] x86: fix section mismatch warnings

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 12:42:13 EST

* Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following changes since commit 88dc4c8e38d64db32907e0bd605f8c1ec4c4d1bd:
> Ingo Molnar (1):
> Merge branch 'tracing/ftrace'
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaswinder/linux-2.6-tip.git master
>
> Jaswinder Singh Rajput (3):
> x86: mm/numa_32.c calculate_numa_remap_pages should use __init
> x86: apic/es7000_32.c find_unisys_acpi_oem_table and es7000_acpi_madt_oem_check should use __init
> x86: smpboot.c wakeup_secondary_cpu_via_nmi do not required __devinit

The commit logs lack analysis. The suggestions in the warnings are
advisory and can be wrong. Analysis explaining what happened, maybe
even when it happened, and what should be done about it to fix that
issue is needed in such changelogs.

The commits might be correct - or they might be bogus. The commit
logs dont give us any help in deciding that. I.e. if you did that
work, you should document it. If you _didnt_ do that analysis work,
you shouldnt send patches addressing these types of warnings.

Ingo