Re: [Announce] 2.6.29-rc8-rt2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 08:57:34 EST

* Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Snapshot attached... (on my t61 laptop)
>
> The crash happens in alternatives_smp_switch(). Can you check
> whether adding "noreplace-smp" to the kernel command line helps ?
> I boot your config on my own T61. Hopefully I can reproduce.
>
> Thanks,

candidate bad commits would be:

f80d2d7: tracing, Text Edit Lock: Fix one sparse warning in kernel/extable.c
505f2b9: tracing, Text Edit Lock - kprobes architecture independent support, nommu fix
3945dab: tracing, Text Edit Lock - SMP alternatives support
4460fda: tracing, Text Edit Lock - kprobes architecture independent support
0e39ac4: tracing, Text Edit Lock - Architecture Independent Code

Ingo