Re: + powerpc-fix-code-for-reserved-memory-spanning-across-nodes.patchadded to -mm tree

From: Chandru
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 13:27:59 EST

Dave Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 11:31 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
Dave, you've had your hands in that code more than I did lately, do
that
look ok to you ?

I still think that patch is bogus. I don't know how it is still around.
I described the problem pretty completely here:

http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=4a6186696e7f15b3ea4dafcdb64ee0703e0e4487

Chandru effectively reverted my bugfix from that patch in this one.

(BTW. On another note, do you still have pending bug fixes that didn't
got in .29 ?)

No, I don't think so. There were some distro fixes but I couldn't
reproduce the bugs on mainline.

-- Dave

Dave,

If I remember, the first mail that I sent on this subject said
2.6.28-rc9 panics. Unless something has changed in the way
lmb's are added or are reserved, this should be also
reproducible with the mainline kernel on the machines that
had exhibited this problem earlier. I will verify your patch
on these machines again and let you know the results.

Thanks,
Chandru