Re: +powerpc-fix-code-for-reserved-memory-spanning-across-nodes.patch added to-mm tree

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 12:52:20 EST

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 11:31 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Dave, you've had your hands in that code more than I did lately, do
> that
> look ok to you ?

I still think that patch is bogus. I don't know how it is still around.
I described the problem pretty completely here:

http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=4a6186696e7f15b3ea4dafcdb64ee0703e0e4487

Chandru effectively reverted my bugfix from that patch in this one.

> (BTW. On another note, do you still have pending bug fixes that didn't
> got in .29 ?)

No, I don't think so. There were some distro fixes but I couldn't
reproduce the bugs on mainline.

-- Dave