Re: Nasty regression from .27.7 to .27.8: idle samba goes crazy

From: Holger Hoffstätte
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 09:02:28 EST

Manfred Spraul wrote:
> Could you try the attached patch?
> It should fix the bug.

After applying Manfred's patch to .9-rc1, it *seems* that the problem is
gone. I have put the Windows client to sleep several times and after the
20-something minutes timeout smbd reports the error ("No route to host")
but does not go into a spinloop any more.
I'll continue to test this, but as far as I'm concerned this should go
into stable.9 as well (not sure if it's already in rc2).

thanks!
Holger