Fwd: 2.6.26.x hangs on amd64/smp

From: BERTRAND Joel
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 05:08:18 EST

From: BERTRAND Joel <joel.bertrand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: linux.kernel
Subject: 2.6.26.x hangs on amd64/smp

Some news.

I have done some tests with the _same_ configuration, but without
resident X (and console on a serial line). I'm not able to reproduce
this bug anymore even with a load average
greater than 30 (memory usage : 4GB + 6GB swap). Thus, this trouble
seems to be X related.

Graphic card is :
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M76 [Radeon
Mobility HD 2600 Series]

Xorg configuration :
Section "Device"
Identifier "ATI Technologies Inc ATI Default Card"
Driver "radeonhd"
# Driver "fglrx"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

cauchy:[~] > dpkg-query -l | grep xorg
ii xorg 1:7.3+16
ii xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd 1.2.1-2

I'm writing a bug report on Xorg website.

Regards,

JKB