Re: mounting windows shares with path exactly like on windows

From: kovlensky
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 06:54:36 EST

All,

Thank you for massive support. First - all of you miss one important issue - slash/backlash conversion, when transferring path from Linux to Windows and back. Second - that's corporate with tens of people relying on these systems running. Answering questions about application - that's big engineering one, with port existing on many os'es. Objects, which are created there, point to physical files on disk. It's like symlink. One symlink per object. As these symlinks are simply single paths to file I find it impossible to develop any method of having a link working on both Linux and Windows. Also writing anything on my own won't work - I know that it can be done with LD_PRELOAD for example, but try convincing big corporation that their development-critical environment can safely rely on your custom piece of code...

Many suggestions were very helpful, but, unfortunately, looks like no real linux world approved solution exisits.

Regards,

Zdenek