Re: [patch 0/4] [resend] Add configuration options to disable features

From: Ulrich Teichert
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 14:55:50 EST

Hi,

>I don't know of any embedded products that ship with NTP turned
>on.

Well, I do. To be exact, I've developed parts of it. But it's numbers
are only into the thousands, so that makes it insignificant ;-)

>It's best to assume, with embedded, that we're not shipping
>ANY of the desktop or server applications you are familiar with.
>Absent those, does something break in the kernel with multicast
>support when IGMP is turned off?

I do not think of NTP as desktop or server application, but that's
probably just me,

CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@xxxxxx | Listening to:
Stormweg 24 |Pale Bride (The Von Bondies), No Time (Statues),