Re: [lm-sensors] [RESEND x9+ patch 2.6.26-git 1/2] lm75: cleanupand reorg

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 03:46:50 EST

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:44:55 +0200 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Minor cleanup and reorg of the lm75 code.
> >
> > This patch (and the other) have been in Mark's tree for a month or so.
> > (linux-next <- useful!)
> >
> > Mark has been pretty, umm, low-key lately. I've attached the full
> > git-hwmon changelog below and the authors of all those changes are
> > cc'ed.
> >
> > Could people please confirm that what is in linux-next is still the
> > latest and greatest version of their changes? If so, I shall plan on
> > fishing those changes out of there and getting them into -rc2.
>
> Andrew,
>
> I see that atleast this patch:
> http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-July/023629.html
>
> Is missing which is a minor yet somewhat important bugfix to the abituguru3
> driver, see:
> http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-July/023630.html
>
> For my: "Acked-by: Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>" Line (I'm the
> maintainer of that driver).
>
> It would be nice if this fix could make 2.6.27.

OK. Can you please email me any patches which you think should be in
2.6.27 in the usual manner, with the appropriate mailing list cc's? Add
your own signed-off-by: if needed. I'll get it all lined up.

Or Jean can do it if he'd prefer - the main thing is to not let
people's reviewed, tested and merged code fall out of 2.6.27.

> Also Jean has been doing a lot of patches for all i2c hwmon driver to convert
> them to new style driver binding, and I've reviewed and Acked the entire bunch.
> So all in all it looks like we're dropping patches, does anyone know whats up
> with Mark, holiday or ... ?

He did mention a while ago that he had little time, but I don't know
whether that is a temporary state.