8139cp/too support not accessible?

From: Elijah Anderson
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 03:02:37 EST

Hey List,

I will admit right off the bat that I'm new to interacting directly with the kernel, much less building one.

The issue I'm having is that my ethernet card requires either the 8139cp or 8139too module. I don't remember which one, so I want to modularize them both. Problem is, using $make xconfig; I can't select it. I have the interface set to show me all the options, but the modules I need are grayed out and I can't change the value.

Using $make config; It doesn't show them, even if I say Y to "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers"

Is there a way to manually select those drivers for modularization, or am I just missing a step somewhere?

Thank you.