Re: [2.6 patch] select ATA_SFF

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 14:57:31 EST

Hello, I wrote:

I suppose. If we were needlessly pedantic, then perhaps
the libata-bmdma.c should be renamed to libata-sff.c,

It *was* renamed to libata-sff.c, back in 2006. :-)

and the libata-sff.c should be renamed libata-tf.c

Not before splitting SFF-8038i stuff from it.

But there's probably been a document or two since then,
where the SFF folks have documented the TF interfaces, too.

Don't know, at least I haven't encountered such spec. Unless you mean SFF-8020i (ATAPI CD-ROM spec).

I've looked thru the list of their spec. and it didn't seem to have any about taskfile specifically. SFF-8070 (ATAPI CD-RW) refers to ATA/PI-4 for that matter.

MBR, Sergei