Re: [2.6 patch] select ATA_SFF

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 11:05:18 EST

Mark Lord wrote:

SFF stands for "Small Form Factor", as in the "SFF Committee Information
Specification for Bus Master Programming Interface for IDE ATA Controllers Rev 1.0"
from May 16, 1994.

That document is basically a committee rubber-stamp of the earlier Intel
"PCI IDE Controller Specification Revision 1.0" dated 3/4/94.

Ah.. that means we have the whole naming thing wrong. Yewwww....

..

I suppose. If we were needlessly pedantic, then perhaps
the libata-bmdma.c should be renamed to libata-sff.c,
and the libata-sff.c should be renamed libata-tf.c

Which branch has libata-bmdma.c?

But there's probably been a document or two since then,
where the SFF folks have documented the TF interfaces, too.

Don't know, at least I haven't encountered such spec. Unless you mean SFF-8020i (ATAPI CD-ROM spec).

So.. whatever. :)

MBR, Sergei