Re: StackProtector Oopses - Re: 2.6.25-mm1

From: Reuben Farrelly
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 10:49:45 EST

On 18/04/2008 11:36 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Reuben Farrelly <reuben-linuxkernel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

is enough to prevent my system booting, viz:

hm, does it boot up fine with the attached patch and stackprotector enabled? It appears that your system got to the self-test so stackprotector is working mostly - it's just that the self-test went wrong.

It boots up fine with that patch below and:

tornado boot # grep STACKPROTECT /boot/config-2.6.25-mm1-wip
CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR_ALL=y
CONFIG_CC_STACKPROTECTOR=y

In fact I'm running with it applied right now and it all seems good so far, so I guess that's confirmation that it is just the test itself which is problematic?

Reuben