Re: x86 git tree broken

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 16:51:33 EST

* Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Second, if I try to suspend the box to RAM, it enters a state it
> cannot leave until power is physically cut from it (using the power
> button to power off / power on the box doesn't help).

i used your config on an AMD system here and s2ram works just fine, both
using CONFIG_PM_TEST_SUSPEND=y bootup suspend self-test [which x86.git
QA uses all the time], and using a manual pm-suspend command at the
console.

you can also try your luck and remove the last 20% of x86.git [which is
always the newest stuff], by picking a commit 200 patches down the line,
via:

git-rev-list x86/base..x86/latest | head -200 | tail -1

and testing that. If that tree works, it's the last 200 commits that
break stuff.

exactly what kind of system are you using? If you revert the trampoline
changes, does it get any better - but i guess it might be better to do a
bisection.

Ingo